Sunday, August 1, 2010

You asked me why I hate Obama?

You asked me why I hate Obama? I was in the middle of a depression as thick as miasma when I read your comment and so could not respond then. But I went to a Soka World Peace Gongyo meeting since then which was amazing in the report from Rock the Era and the encouragement and determinations of the youth, including the over 36ers, so I can respond now. I don't hate Obama. Did Josei Toda hate his delinquent disciples who persistently didn't get the vision of real change in the human condition that Toda understood? Of course not. He scolded them because he didn't want their lives to be in vain, wasting all their efforts on a lesser vision of reality and what really can be possible for humanity. They compromised with the harsh aspect of reality because they didn't understand their own power. I hope you understand through this why I admonished our President and public servant, Barack Obama, in my signature to his recent online birthday card, in the hope that he will throw off the transient and provisional aspect of his understanding of reality and stand up to the demons permeating and controlling Washington so that he can truly serve the people of America and the world with the virtue of sovereign, which is nothing other than to protect the people from harm by standing up to evil. But I fear that it is us, the Soka Gakkai members alone, who can truly be trusted to fulfill and embody this virtue of sovereign. Only when a lion roars can the bowels of jackals be counted on to rot so that they don't harm other living beings.*
*The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin - Vol. 1 - Page 494 LETTER TO THE BROTHERS http://www.sgilibrary.org/view.php?page=494&m=1&q=bowels%20rot

No comments:

Post a Comment